Friday, February 11, 2005

A Sad Day

Yesterday was not the best of days.

My grandad passed away on the 3rd Feb, his funeral was yesterday.
I don't want to make this sound religious as he was not a religious man, and neither am I. However I do hope that both him and gran are looking down on us all now big a big grin on their faces, proud of how the family have turned out.

He was a gentleman, always will in to lend a hand if he could, he was the sort of chap that would never say no if someone asked him for a hand. He was a master craftsman, I remember as I child he would always be building something or letting me bang bent nails into a bit of wood! He cared for Gran for 11 years when she was struck down with parkinsons disease. The commitment from this will forever stay with me.

I can see now that I have many traits that he had. It's a shame that it takes something like this to make you realise. If I can live my life like he lived his I would be very happy. I will always remember him for who he was. Just in the last few days I have made decisions and thought "what would grandad say.."

Another lasting memory, which conforts me a little it that he was 86 years old and "Had a good innings" as he put it in his jolly way.

So here's to Huburt Allan Burgess (Jim) My grandad and role model.
I'll always love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home