Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Back in at the deep end!

Well the return to the office has definatly been a rapid drop back onto the fast moving treadmill!! Normally you get that re-adjustment time after Christmas, not this time tough! The past few days have mainly involved loads of researching and report / presentation creation! I've broken the back of it now, so I find that I can actually have a calmer afternoon!

I'm heading off to the solicitors this afternoon to look over the papers for the new house. We're hopefully exchanging in the next few weeks, with completion soon after that. Then the real hardwork starts!! There are a few things we need to change with the layout pretty much straight away, so we'll be knocking a few walls out and stripping wallpaper! Thankfully were staying in our rented house for a month while all the work is being done, I'm hoping that this will make the moving process a little less stressed!

Tonight is the 1st evening back at cadets. I'm a Civilian Instructor with the Air Training Corps and have recently taken a training role within the squadron. I have the pleasure of teaching 20 new staters all about the ATC, RAF, History Of Flight, Initial Expedition Training, Map Reading, Comms and Airmanship. 20 cadets is a huge number to teach so I'm hoping to use some presentations to deliver the lessons via a projector. It's great fun and very rewarding being part of the ATC. It gave me a lot when I was younger, so it's great to be able to put something back! (I would recommend it to anyone with some time on their hands!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home